We often talk about mindfulness, and how it is the supreme state of being. It might seem like a state which is difficult to reach or attain. The good part is that it is not always true. One of the easy ways to get there is through becoming physically more active. Yes of course there is a definition to what being active means here, and what are the certain activities that promote mindfulness more than others? Let us read a little more about it to understand the concept further.
- What is mindfulness: Before we talk about how to get to the state of mindfulness, it is important to understand how is mindfulness defined? It is defined as the state of being aware of your existence, awareness of who you are and what you doing. Mindfulness is calm state of mind, where you are unaffected by the external world and its actions.
- Yoga is the way: The physical benefits of yoga are not hidden from us, but do you know yoga is one of the best ways to attain mental peace too. Yoga sessions combined with meditation promote a sound mental health and physical and emotional well-being. It is a state of being in connection with your thoughts while regulating your breathing. Yoga is the answer to the cure for many physical diseases like blood pressure, heart diseases etc. If practiced regularly it also promotes a good mental health reducing the stress levels, and making you calmer.
- A calmer you: When you start to feel better about yourself, it is easier to perform better in life. A calmer state of mind helps you eat better, sleep better, and this way you feel more energized and active. It is a vicious circle that works to run our life, each component is related to the other and so you cannot take a chance with any of them.
- Improve your self efficacy: Researches has shown that in many cases involving patients suffering from mental health issues, physical activity and mindfulness works positively. In their intervention sessions clinicians combine the physical activity session with mindfulness activities, and it has shown to have worked in improving the self-efficacy of the patients and as well as the adherence to being physically active.
- Interdependence for survival: The effects of mindfulness on physical activity and vice versa are unending. The core point which we need to understand it that, human beings thrive for positivity in life. The positive attitude develops from a healthy mind, which is stress free, a confident self image, higher levels of self esteem, these all contribute towards a more positive and successful lifestyle. Also when a person feels at piece in his mind, he is more open to newer ideas and more social interaction.
As you become more aware of the ways to lead a healthy lifestyle, the more opportunities you have to adapt that in your life. Take this article as one more opportunity to learn the new way of leading a healthy lifestyle and include these techniques in your daily life to get the benefits. Stay healthy, stay happy.