Details: Get ready as Carvan Trips takes you for an epic heritage ride down the historic lanes of South Mumbai! These structures reveal a different story as we time travel to the era of Portuguese and the British! The brown washed colonial structures provide a heady mix of beauty, history & nostalgia.
We’ll start our cycling trip from Colaba towards Gateway of India, explore the nearby structures and then cycle along the numerous heritage sites. On the way, we will stop for interesting stories, fun facts, breakfast and of course, selfies! Now, we can understand that riding through South Mumbai can make you really, like Reaallly thirsty…So how about tanking up all those calories you burn, Guilt Free 😉
And so, we will end our epic ride at a Heritage Bar with a chilled beer, On the House!
Trip Fee – Rs 1,200 per person
Difficulty – Easy
Includes – Cycle rental + Mechanic for backup + Organizing charges + Expertise charges + Refreshments + Pint of Beer / Mocktail drink.
Excludes – Transport till the start point and Transport from the end point. Anything not mentioned above.
Final Meeting point – Colaba Sweet Mart, Colaba, Link – https://goo.gl/maps/3AGmUvq2aT42
Time – 4:30 PM Sharp (If you’re late, you miss the ride!)
Contact number – 08976949403, 09920555809
04:30 PM – Meet & Greet at Colaba Sweet Mart, Colaba. Proceed to pick your cycles (The early birds get the better cycles!) https://goo.gl/maps/XSAhnoNNNCP2
04:45 PM – After introduction and important instruction, start your heritage ride
07:00 PM – BEER! Finish your Ride at a Heritage Restaurant with a refreshing pint of beer
Things to wear:
- Jersey/T-shirt and shorts (Avoid full/ loose pants as they may get stuck in the cycle chains)
- Water Proof Jacket
- Sport shoes
Things to be carried by you:
- Ready to eat Snacks
- Personal First Aid Kit & Medicines
- A small backpack (to carry water, snacks etc)
- Electrol powder / Glucon D / Tang
- 1 Liter water bottle
- Change of clothes
We will cover prominent locations like – Gateway of India, Taj Hotel, Regal Cinema, Prince of Whales Museum, Elphinstone College & David Sassoon Library, Horniman Circle, St. Thomas Cathedral, Asiatic Society, New India Assurance building, CST, Flora Fountain, High Court, University of Bombay, Rajabai Clock Tower etc.
Terms and Conditions for the cycling
- For a confirmed ride, we request you to book at least 2 days in advance. On the day bookings are subject to availability of the cycles.
- We expect the participants to know basic cycling
- While choosing the cycle, the participant should check the condition & fitness of the cycle before commencing the ride
- We expect the participants to treat the cycle and its equipment with responsibility.
- No participants can back out once the ride starts (don’t worry the ride is easy)
- All participants must be physically fit to undertake cycling for a reasonable distance (5-10 Kms).
- You understand and accept that CarvanTrips advises the wearing of cycle helmets at all times when riding.
- Participants must not cycle under the influence of alcohol, strong medication, other drugs or fatigue.
- Participants are requested to eat a healthy meal not consume alcohol the previous night to avoid dehydration.
- Cycles are the participant’s responsibility and any damage for whatever reason will be paid for by the participant. Standard Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
- You (“The user”) understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by CarvanTrips (“Us”/ “The Company”) in which the user may engage.
- The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
- The users’ participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold CarvanTrips responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
- The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, CarvanTrips’ staff, service providers etc; in which case, we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
Event Date: 18-Jun-2017
Registrations website : https://www.townscript.com/e/heritage-cycle-ride-ending-with-beer-112321
Location: Colaba Sweet Mart, Colaba, Mumbai
City: Mumbai, MH